Prices include inspection of main home and standard attached or detached garage. Does not include other outbuildings such as pole barns, in-law apartments, secondary garage, ADUs, secondary home, etc.
Size of Your Home
- up to 1000 sqft: $400
- up to 1500 sqft: $425
- up to 2000 sqft: $475
- up to 2500 sqft: $525
- up to 3000 sqft: $575
- up to 3500 sqft: $625
- up to 4000 sqft: $675
- Greater than 4000 sqft: Contact Us
- up to 1000 sqft: $350
- up to 1500 sqft: 400
- up to 2000 sqft: $425
- up to 2500 sqft $475
This reduced pricing does not include areas typically covered by the homeowner’s association (HOA). These areas would include roof, siding, attic and crawlspace, parking, storage. If you would like any of these areas inspected, please use single family home pricing.
Multi-Family or Attached ADU or Guest/Mother-in-law Suite/Separate Quarters
- by square footage +$100 per each living unit
Secondary Home Onsite / Guest House / Detached ADU
- by square footage pricing above, with discount of $75.
- Older Homes: 1979 – 1950 +$75; 1949 – 1920: +$100; Older than 1919: +$125
- Secondary Kitchen +$50
- Detached/Extended/Oversized Garage: +$75
- Multiple/Wrap-Around/Oversized Decks: +$50
- Outbuildings: Starting at $150; Please contact us so we may gather accurate information
- Re-inspection/revisit: $175/Hour
- Only for inspections initially completed by Credible Home Inspections (we no longer reinspect other company inspections).
- An agreed upon item list for re-inspection to be sent 48 hours prior to appointment.
- Dilapidated or buildings of possible drug production/drug paraphernalia: +$100 and some areas may not be inspected if determined to be unsafe for inspector.
- Radon Testing w/home inspection: $150
- Radon Testing Stand Alone: $175
- Sewer Scope*: $150
- Mold Testing*: +$275
- Infrared Scan of Home: +$150
- Travel Fee: Our standard area is (North – South) St. Helens, OR (Ridgefield, WA) – Woodburn; (East – West) Sandy – Hillsboro. Outside of these areas please call us to discuss. Thanks!
*We arrange with Speedy Inspections LLC to provide sewer scope services that can be coordinated and completed with your home inspection to save you time – this will be invoiced/contracted separately through them.
-Veteran Discount: 10% off home inspection, up to $75. From one veteran to another – thank you for your service!
What’s Covered in Your Home Inspection
From top to bottom, we inspect it all to ensure you have the most accurate information about your investment and how best to negotiate your purchase.
- Roof Condition
- Structural Issues
- Heating and Cooling
- Electrical Service
- Site Topography
- Major Appliances
- Gutters and Downspouts
- Garage Doors
- Garage Door Openers
- Water Intrusion
- Hand Rails
- Water Heaters
- Crawl Space/Foundation
- Plumbing Conditions
- Water pressure
- Electrical Problems
- Decks and Stairs
- Porches and Patios
- Tripping Hazards
- Bathroom Fixtures
How to prepare for a home inspection…
- After you book an appointment you will need to read and sign our contract before we arrive. This can be done online for your convenience or emailed. This is to ensure expectations are set by the standards set by the State of Oregon.
- You will need to ensure all utilities are on, ensure access to home will be provided, including all areas needing inspection. For example, the attic, crawl space, electrical panel, furnace, water heater, etc.
- Safety is paramount, If a washing machine is sitting in front of the main electrical panel we will not be able to open and inspect it during our inspection (electricity, metal, and water just don’t mix well).
Pets can be protective of their space. Please arrange for them to be away during the inspection if possible. A secured dog that is barking may still be very distracting during the inspection.
Should you be there?
We always welcome homeowners to be present during the inspection. Most will arrive during the last part of the inspection and as we finish we can review the highlights of what we found. We encourage questions but appreciate those to be at the end of the inspection in order not to interrupt our process and ensure we provide the most accurate report possible.